InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) understands that from time-to-time your booking may be affected by weather or natural disasters that are not planned. In such cases, we make every possible effort to keep you informed and to provide you with the level of service that you require so that you can manage your bookings and plan around these unforeseen circumstances. If a Travel Advisory exists, we will display details about the advisory, how your booking may be affected and the process for how to proceed with as little stress and inconvenience as possible.
As a guest of IHG Hotels & Resorts, we appreciate your loyalty and the trust you place in us as a travel partner.
Recognising the ongoing and increased uncertainty that coronavirus (COVID-19) is causing around the world, our highest priority is the health and well-being of our guests and employees. With that in mind, we wanted to update you on the actions we have taken in response to the outbreak.
Given the flexibility our guests and customers need right now we have implemented the following policies:
For Existing Bookings:
Existing bookings (bookings made through 6 April 2020) at all IHG hotels* can be changed or cancelled for stays up to 30 June 2020, noting that:
• Hotels are subject to local law in the market in which they operate. Therefore, government legislation and regulations may supersede this policy in specific circumstances. (including the type and timing of the refund).
• If you cancel a rate which required a deposit or payment in advance, we will do everything we can to process your refund as quickly as possible. Refunds (which may be vouchers where required by local law) may take up to 90 days for hotels to process from the date of cancellation. Reservations may be changed without a fee but may result in different pricing.
• Exclusions may apply for time periods with special event restrictions or peak demand weeks.
• Bookings via a third-party: For bookings made through an online booking platform (e.g. Booking.com, Expedia) or third-party travel professionals, please contact them directly – we have advised these companies of our cancellation policy and you should refer to their terms and conditions.
• Groups & Meetings Bookings: We will work with customers to manage any changes needed to Group & Meeting bookings on a case by case basis. Our hotels are actively supporting groups and meetings organisers to address the needs of each group, including moving event dates to another time, in line with the terms and conditions of that booking. Please contact the hotel the booking was made with to discuss further.
• *Cancellation fees for existing and new domestic bookings at all IHG hotels in Mainland China, Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR and the Taiwan region will be waived for stays up to 30 April 2020
We continue to monitor the evolving situation and will be keeping this policy under review.
For New Bookings:
We want to help you plan and book any future travel with confidence. So, we have several ways to support guests to amend travel plans as necessary:
• Book Now, Pay Later: This new rate offers flexibility and savings. With no deposit required and cancellations possible up to 24 hours before your stay for direct bookings, travel planning is commitment free. Guests benefit from 5% or more off our Best Flexible Rate for bookings made up to 3 September 2020 for stays until 30 December 2020 (excluding Greater China).
• Best Flexible Rate: This rate offers maximum flexibility to change or cancel your reservation. For direct bookings this rate can be fully changeable or refundable up to 6 pm (local hotel time) on the day of arrival (dependent on the hotels’ individual house policy).
• IHG Rewards Club Members Rates: Additional savings are available for IHG Rewards Club members on these Book Now, Pay Later and Best Flexible rates.
• IHG Rewards Club nights: You can change or cancel these bookings with no penalty prior to the time period set by the hotel.
• We have removed our more restrictive (pre-paid/non-refundable) Advance Purchase rate from sale until later in the year (excluding Greater China)
• These rates, and others, have their own terms and conditions. Please refer to specific rate information when booking for further details - including cancellation terms. Changing the date on any reservations may result in different pricing.
To ensure we support all our guests in a timely manner there are several ways for you to get in touch:
• Modify or cancel your reservation online at Manage Your Stay or on the IHG app
• Call our Reservations and Customer Care team
• For bookings made through a travel agent or online booking platform (e.g. Booking.com, Expedia) please contact them directly
• For billing information or inquiries please complete this form to contact the hotel directly
• Please use this comment form if your request is not urgent or to report an issue and our Reservations & Customer Care team will respond in due course.
Due to current circumstances, some of our hotels are temporarily suspending operations. Guests with impacted reservations at these hotels will be contacted directly by IHG, your travel agent or the online booking platform you booked through.
The closure period for each hotel will differ by location and is determined by the requirements of each market.
For the health and safety of our guests and hotel colleagues, and in line with legislation and current best practice, some hotels are also operating modified or reduced services e.g. reduction in restaurant and bar service, alternative guest room furnishings and/or amenities. These changes are temporary and normal amenity and service levels will be reinstated as soon as possible and in accordance with legal requirements.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused and look forward to resuming normal operations and welcoming our guests back at the appropriate time.
IHG Hotel Colleagues: Please visit our Hotel Colleague Job Center which connects you directly with employment opportunities and includes helpful resources and guidance.
Our number one priority is your health, safety and well-being. We are closely monitoring developments around the world and are in contact with global organisations including the World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and relevant authorities for country-specific requirements, to ensure the actions we take are comprehensive and suitable.
All our hotels are required to adhere to comprehensive health and safety procedures, including all local laws. In addition, we provide our hotels with best practices and guidelines and have supplemented these resources with additional COVID-19 cleanliness specific guidance, training and information, consistent with our own high standards.
• Activation of response teams to provide around-the-clock assistance to our hotels.
• Hotels have increased the frequency of cleaning public areas (including lobbies, elevators, door handles, public bathrooms) and high-touch points in guest rooms.
• All hotels have been advised on cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses.
• We continue to review food and beverage service in accordance with current food safety recommendations.
We know that many of our IHG Rewards Club members are now thinking about how to manage their loyalty activity this year and we are committed to supporting our members to do that. Our members are our most loyal guests and we want to give each member more reasons to get away and stay with us – when the time is right for them.
For our members in Greater China, click here for the latest information on IHG Rewards Club status.
Elite Membership Criteria:
With more constrained travel plans and a shorter time period during which members can earn Elite tier status, we are:
• Reducing the Elite membership criteria required (nights or points) this year by 25% or more:
• With this change our members can continue to earn Elite membership status this year and enjoy all the IHG® Rewards Club benefits this brings through 2020 and into 2021. This change will be reflected in members' accounts in the coming weeks.
• As a key benefit of our programme, points never expire for all members with Elite status (Gold, Platinum, Spire)
• Points expire for Club members only after 12 months of inactivity.
• By earning or redeeming points just once every 12 months members can keep points from expiring
• There are many ways you can do this without planning a stay, for example:
• Shop our IHG Rewards Club catalogue
• Download e-books and movies
• Buy Points
• Donate points to a good cause - including our True Hospitality for Good partner – the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies – who has activated a COVID-19 fund which provides medical assistance for those who need it most
• For all members with points due to expire from 1 April through to the end of the year, we are extending the expiration date of points to 31 December 2020. We’ll be contacting members with more information.
Anniversary night certificates earned through IHG Rewards Club credit cards (USA & UK):
• We are extending the expiration date of anniversary certificates that are set to expire in 2020. Certificates expiring from 1 March 2020 can now be used through 31 December 2020.
• Certificates issued in 2020 will have an 18-month redemption time period.
• We will be reaching out to cardmembers directly with more information.
Our teams pride themselves on providing True Hospitality for everyone – a promise that guides us every day and is fundamental during times like this.
Thank you for the trust and support you have in us and we look forward to welcoming you to an IHG hotel soon.
Updated: 6 April 2020
Attention: IHG does not collect social security numbers from our guests. If you receive a call from an unfamiliar caller/phone number asking for your social security number and are directed to IHG in response to this call, it is fraudulent and not from IHG. Please report this fraud attempt to your local authorities.
I was really impressed and even surprised how great this hotel was. It is located next to Wembley and it is 5-7 minutes to walk from the subway station Wembley Park. Rooms are very clean, the bed was simply fantastic. The breakfast is far above traditional breakfasts in midrange price British hotels. I will definitely stay there again when I am going to be in London.
We stayed 2 nights and enjoyed our stay. We were looking for decent hotel in London and although a wee bit outside the center of London, the rail/tube links to Wembley makes this hotel easily accessible to central London (30 min train journey). We booked executive room (£134) which was large, with great view of Wembley stadium. Service from staff was very good with food and drink reasonable for London.
The welcome was friendly and helpful. Room on 3rd floor very clean and fresh. Twin beds as requested. Very comfortable. The temperature of room was constant with no stuffy feel.
Great choice for breakfast. This is hotel is good value for money considering location.
This hotel was absolutely great. The food and everything far exceeded my expectations. The room was very comfortable and very clean. The staff were extraordinarily professional and provided excellent service. They were very accommodating and made my stay a very pleasant and rewarding one.
Handy for train station and bus routes, and it had all amenities that you could reasonably require. The room itself was good and I slept well that night. I would gladly stay again.
Good value stopover with the city easily reached by the Metropolitan Line. Team here are always welcoming. Comfortable and clean room on the 9th floor and the air con much appreciated on a scorcher of a day outside.
Wonderful hotel room, very good price, staff were lovely and friendly. Saying how busy it was after the summertime ball the staff were friendly and on hand to help. Would recommend to anyone who wants a place to stay visiting Wembley stadium.
Stayed here for the game at the stadium which is right next to hotel. Beds comfy staff are friendly the breakfast is buffet all you can eat. Diana on reception was really polite and helpful. Would stay here again.
The friendly, knowledgeable and helpful staff and a VERY comfortable bed makes this hotel an excellent choice every time, especially when you intend attending events at Wembley or shopping in the designer outlets.
First would like to say how helpful and friendly Mario at the Reception desk was made checking in easy and welcoming. The room we were allocated was excellent wanted to take the bed home with me. Cleanliness was excellent and had everything you need for a one night stay.